Monday, December 26, 2011

Beauty Book Read Puts You In The Know!

Greetings!
I hope that all of you were able to enjoy this year’s festive holiday season with family and friends like I did.  I am so glad that this Christmas fell on a Sunday because to me it makes the holiday that more eventful because it is on a weekend, LOL.  While lounging around after the gifts were open and the basketball games were played (Miami Heat won, by the way!  YEEEEEESSS! ) I took to my coffee table to rummage through old magazines and beauty books that I enjoy reading.  I came across a favorite of mine by the amazing Bobbi Brown, also known as the CCO of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.
This book contains beautiful imagery and detailed instructions on how to achieve a desired look.  The book is simple and offers a step by step guideline for succeeding in beautiful makeup application.  What I can appreciate about Bobbi Brown is her desire to make a woman feel and look naturally beautiful.  As some of you may know BEATING YOUR FACE TO THE GAWDS isn’t always work or school friendly so it is nice to have a book that can teach you the basics of makeup so that those from a beginner to that of a professional can grasp the concepts easily. 


In this book you will find it offers notes on tools recommended, how to achieve age appropriate makeup, as well as what kinds of foods benefit your overall skin experience.  As a person that likes to focus on healthy skin I am always glued to what food and nutrients I can eat that will help maintain my youthful looking skin *looks in the mirror admiringly*. 
The major wow factor with this book is Brown’s ability to demonstrate and offer suggestions on how to work with various skin tones, bone structure, and an assortment of other features we can often worry about.  It also helps that this book has pages with full on color of various products from face powders to lipsticks.  I also appreciate that Ms.Brown did not write this book in an attempt to push her sales for her cosmetic line but rather to inform individuals on proper makeup application. 

So if you are even slightly interested in a book that is simple to read with a variety of skills that can be applied to practice, go ahead and purchase this book with your gift card money! ;)  I love this read and it allows me to brush up on any issues I may be having.  The book can be purchased here from Amazon.  By the way you can catch Bobbi Brown on NBC Today as the beauty editor for more tips if you are interested!
What do you think ladies?  Yay or Nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!