Friday, December 30, 2011

Beauty Resolutions for 2012!

Greetings!

Lately I've been browsing around my favorite blogs and have noticed a common theme where the blogger will list what plans they have in store for the upcoming year.  Always interested in what others think about how they can progress in the world of beauty I decided that I, too would join in on the fun!  I've compiled a short list of things that I would like to achieve in the new year and I hope that you too will begin to think on what it is that YOU want to do too!  Here goes!

Buy Less, Use More-  In 2011, I must admit that I was a sucker for the hype and fell into a spiral of purchasing items that weren't really necessary but lovely to have.  Don't get me wrong, I love my NAKED palette, crackle polish, mattenes, and FlowerBomb fragrance all the products I purchased throughout the year but there are plenty that I could have done without.  So this year I'm going to opt for the road less travelled by beauty lovers and start shopping my stash more often instead of getting "the next big thing".  Let's cross our fingers on this one!

Get a Real Facial from a Spa-  As often as I like to do my own facial at home with my exfoliators, scrubs, and cleansers I've always wondered what it is like to have this done by professionals.  I always hear great things from those who've tried it and this has peaked  my interest even more.  I would prefer to stay consistent with the spa that I go to so I am going to begin my research on what spas are in my area.

Attend a Beauty Workshop-  Just recently there happened to be a cosmetic exposition in my city that I had no idea was even in town until the actual date.  Needless to say, I was crushed because I didn't attend.  This year, whether it be out of town or local I plan on attending a beauty conference, exposition, something that  offers beauty lovers to revel in all things beauty.  This will allow me meet fellow beauty bloggers and other people that have the same interest and passion that I do.  Who knows, maybe I'll even get to meet one of you! 

Read More-  As if I don't already read for leisure as is I plan on adding more to my list this year.  Instead these new additions will be beauty books/manuals that will further my knowledge in the arena of beauty.  I hope to grasp new concepts and explore on myself and on people I know.  I have heard about and have been suggested to many of the leading makeup artists out right now in regards to this and I plan to have my list and cash in hand to complete this goal.  

Learn How to Effectively do a Sew In-  I know this may sound silly but I really want to learn how to do this myself.  The women on YouTube make it seem so effortless. Although, this year will not be my first attempt at this task, this year I plan to succeed in doing it myself on myself.  I can already see just how much I'll be saving if I start doing it myself.  Shout out to my hairstylist!  ;)

Become a Better Beauty Blogger-  Although I have just begun on this blogging journey I already have high hopes for it's future and what it can do for others.  This means that I will be making some major moves in the new year to make this blog a better viewing and reading experience for you all.  It means so much that people will actually read and apply the posts that I write to their everyday lives, let's work on this together!


Welp, those are my beauty resolutions for the new year!  What are yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!