Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What's Blacker than Black?

Greetings!

It's hump day again and you know what that means! :)

This week I decided to go for a universally flattering nail color-black.  I forgot just how simple and chic this color is on the nails, what makes it even better is if it's REALLY black.  In the past, I would always use what you may call a "pale" black.  What I mean by this is that it would never be a true black but instead a very streaky and thin black.  Well, that was years ago before I knew any better and now I'm here to tell you that I've seen the light, and it is super!

The nail color is from the Wet N Wild Fast Dry Line available at Walgreens.  Within one stroke of this polish I knew that this would be love.  Turns out that this is supposed to dry faster than other polishes in their nail polish lines.  I really can't vouch for that since I've only tried this one and because I ALWAYS give my nails up to 30 minutes to dry.




The name is kind of strange though.  I mean I get it but then again I don't.  Ebony can also be used when referring to the color Black.  But where in the world did 'Ebony Hates Chris' come from Wet N Wild?!  Not that it matters but it is an educated observation, lol.  It took me two coats to get this opacity, no streaks, nada.  I did notice that it gets clumpy during application and that required that I shake it in between coats.  I'm not a fan of thick polish but hey, I have a simple remedy for that (post coming soon).  ;)

To switch things up a bit I opted to go for silver tips this week.  For this I used Milani's Nail Art in 'Art of Silver'.  Super easy way to add a twist onto the basic solid nail color.  I think it came out great.  And if you were wondering, CVS is having a BOGO 1/2 off sale for some Milani products this week.



There it goes for the week ladies!  What say you??  Yay or Nay?

*I was not compensated for this post and the items featured were purchased by me with my own funds.  I am not a representative of this company or its brand.*

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Yay xx I love e colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color is gorchess!
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol the name comes from the show "Everybody Hates Chris". I have this polish too and it's my go to black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IN LOVE with your nails! I wish I could see a close pic.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

About Me

My Photo
A 22 year young woman that admires the beauty in all people. I am a college graduate from the best college in the state of Florida. I am pursuing my Master's degree all while I am feeding my creativity through this blog. My favorite cosmetic brands are NARS, MAC, and Revlon. Watch me help you balance your beauty needs.