Friday, April 13, 2012

What the What? Victoria's Secret sells Lipsticks??

Greetings!

Recently while perusing at the mall on one of my "I'm not going shopping just to browse" escapades I stumbled into Victoria's Secret only to be bombarded with salespeople and a crowd of women purchasing underwear.  To say the least, I am not a huge fan of Victoria's Secret, not because I don't think the products are lame but because of the redundancy I come across when in the store.  But anyways that is beyond the scope of this post, lol.  For the most part I was beyond surprised when I was directed to the cosmetics department of the store......uhmmmm.......cosmetics?.....at Victoria's Secret?....I had NO IDEA! lol   I was pleasantly surprised and of course I took the liberty of seeing what could meet my fancy.  After swatching I decided on two "nude" lipsticks and I am in love with the texture, shade, hue and finish.  

See for yourself:

Victoria's Secret Perfect Lipstick

What they say:  Rich, creamy formula drenches lips in lasting, full-coverage color and sheen. Rich color hydrates and conditions with shea butter and vitamin E. Domestic. .12 oz. (Source)

Two rectangle shaped tubes of pretty goodness AND they're moisturizing AND they come in 21 shades!

Left to Right: Scrumptious & Sweet Nothing

I picked up the shades Scrumptious and Sweet Nothing.



I love Scrumptious because it applies smoothly and leaves a creamy finish to the lips.  I would describe it as a cremesheen finish similar to those of MAC lipsticks.  No obvious scent which is appreciated.  It is a light peachy color that may or may not work for you depending on your skin tone but that's nothing a little lip liner can't help. :)  It can be built up for a more opaque finish or sheered out with just one swipe if you wish.  I like to go more opaque.


 

Sweet Nothing is a pink neutral shade that seriously matches any eye or cheek combo you decide to go for.  As I said before there is no obvious scent and the finish is just the same as Scrumptious.  Because these are so creamy and summertime is fast approaching I would not recommend you leave these in your car or in any other hot spaces for long periods of time for fear of them melting. 

Here are swatches:

Left to Right: Scrumptious & Sweet Nothing
I think these lipsticks are a great buy for those in the market for a nice neutral lip.  I purchased mine for $13 USD each and I think that's a fair price.   They lasted for four hours on me before I had to reapply.

Now that I know Victoria's Secret has these gems inside I may be going in more often now. :)

When was the last time you went into Vicky's?  What did you get?  What do you think of these lipstick shades?  Yay or Nay?  Tell me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!