Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pond's Deep Cleanser and Makeup Remover-Review

Greetings!

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!  Well, now it's time to get back into the swing of things and I figured that with the post party festivities of the 4th I think it's safe to say that you may have had a special "face" on that day that you probably don't normally do (i.e. red, white, and blue eye makeup, blue lips, etc).  Well, maybe not that dramatic but still. lol   

Today I bring you a beauty staple of mine that is sure to make your current makeup remover look like a water rinse, literally.  Pond's Cold Cream has been around for ages, so long that even my grandmother used to use this back in her heyday and she is still making the twenty-somethings turn their heads! 

With some grandmother-granddaughter advice she put me on a little secret that I was skeptical about at first but with the first use of this baby my face felt cleansed, softer, and even better all my makeup was off, even the pesky mascara!  Pond's cold creams come in a couple of scents, the scent really isn't a setback though since it isn't strong enough to actually last, just a little comforting scent if you will.  The one that I have is in the cool cucumber classic. 



I like to use this by dipping my hand into it and then massaging a small amount all over my face until my makeup is completely dissolved and then I take a baby wipe and wipe it all off.  Foundation, mascara, liner....all of it gone....ALL OF IT!  It doesn't burn and the feeling is cool upon application on your skin, it really is relaxing.  But make sure not to get careless on wiping it across your eyes, I have been known to apply too much in that area and having the product accidentally get into my eye...NOT A GOOD LOOK. 



The consistency is that of a whipped pudding, it is soft to the touch.  I would recommend keeping this in a cool and dry place as hotter temperatures make it more watery, still effective but it can create a mess.  This particular jar is 10.1 ounces but I am aware that they come is smaller jars.  Typically these are found in your local drugstores at around 8 bucks a pop but you can often find them on a buy one, get one 50% off sale like I normally do.

Would I recommend this?  Of course!  What are you waiting for?  This is good stuff!

Tell me what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. While using this, you don't first apply water to your face (or after)?
    that seems like it makes makeup removal much quicker and easier!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!